Act now to stop the worst vaccine law ever proposed in New York since the invention of the mandatory schedule. Assembly Bill 10942would make all vaccines recommended by the CDC mandatory for all children to attend school and, and for the first time vaccines would become mandatory for infants and toddlers.
The bill was introduced in Rules Committee at the request of Richard Daines, the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health. The Rules Committee in the personal committee of the Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan).
A-CHAMP is calling for rejection of this bill and is demanding the passage of A5468/S3031, a bill that would give individuals a right to a philosophical exemption from vaccine mandates. This is no time to transfer vaccine decisions away from individuals and elected officials answerable to the voters and give it to obscure bureaucrats with financial ties to the vaccine industry.
Here are a few features of the proposed bill:
* Our elected New York representatives would no longer determine the mandatory schedule of vaccines to attend school; decisions made by the federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices would automatically become mandatory.
* All children, infants and toddlers included, in New York would be required to get all vaccines recommended by the ACIP according to the ACIP schedule
* All children in New York up to age 18 would be required to get annual flu shots.
* All girls in New York would be required to get a human papilloma virus shot.
* All junior high school children and college students would be required to get meningococcal shots.
* Doctors would be required to issue certificates for every shot given and parents would be required to maintain the records and provide them to school and other authorities.
* The rules committee claims that the new laws would have no fiscal impact on the state despite the necessity of the state to spend tens of millions on purchasing new vaccines, a vast increase in mandatory record keeping and enforcement for schools, and a huge increase that could be expected in the number of cases of neurological damage, Guillian Barré syndrome and other vaccine-caused injuries.
We only have a few weeks to defeat this bill. Let your Assemblymember and State Senator know immediately that a vote for this bill guarantees that you will do everything you can to get them un- elected. In addition to emailing and calling your local representatives, please call Speaker Sheldon Silver and let his staff know, politely, that this is a disastrous idea. While you are at it please call Governor David Paterson and let his staff know, politely, that this is a horrible law.
Governor David Paterson (518) 474-8390
Speaker Sheldon Silver (518) 455-3791
----- Original Message -----
From: Angel Miette
To: Ken Adachi
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subject: Regarding Vaccines in NY state
Dear Ken Adachi
I was just briefly looking over your page about vaccines and noticed the article about NY's bill about mandatory vaccines. I live in NY state and I understand how tough they can be.
I have not gotten a chance to read any further on your webpage about this as I am quite busy, so if you already have this info posted I apologize. But I wanted to let you know that if someone living in NY state does not want to vaccinate themselves or their children then they need to file a religious exemption form and send it to the school they or their children are attending.
All that needs to be said is that they believe a high power (God) that does not want them vaccinating. The person does not need to be a part of a church or religious organization to do this. I hope this information is useful, if you want more info just let me know and in my spare time I can gather together some stuff for you.
Thank you for your time.
All information posted on this web site is
the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only.
It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor
can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer
of your choice for medical care and advice.