FEMA was created in a series of Executive Orders. A Presidential
Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its
publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Executive Order
Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency that is to
interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and
funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent
about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies, the bulk of their
funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities
to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign
Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security
Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This
allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance
of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United
States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians.
The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control
of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.
Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend
the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been
on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential
1. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of
transportation and control of highways and seaports.
2. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the
3. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical
power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
4. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources
5. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into
work brigades under government supervision.
6. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health,
education and welfare functions.
7. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a
national registration of all persons.
8. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports
and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
9. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate
communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be
abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
10. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads,
inland waterways and public storage facilities.
11. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of
Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into
effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial
12. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice
to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial
support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens,
to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist
By Harry V. Martin with research assistance from David Caul
Copyright FreeAmerica and Harry V. Martin, 1995-2005
All information posted on this web site is
the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only.
It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor
can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer
of your choice for medical care and advice.