Dr. Gregory R Reid, DD
Most "professional pedophiles" have worked their trade
into a fine science, an art form. They are precise in their plans and use
well-tested lures and traps to get kids in a place where they can be molested.
The following a "profile of seduction", an overview of how a pedophile
works their trade.
1. Drugs (Voluntary and involuntary)
2. Alcohol (To lower the victim's inhibitions and make them
confused and vulnerable)
3. Pornography (Printed and video, to lower the sexual inhibitions
and arouse the victim)
4. Music, Video games, etc.
The pedophile is current on music trends, video
games, movies, etc. and their homes often look like a kid's
5. Prestige & Status To a boy or teen, hanging around with a dynamic, fun adult
with a nice house and a fast car is a very powerful
lure, a major ego booster.
6. Money & Gifts Pedophiles shower their victims with gifts and money,
which is very seductive to a kid who may not have much
materially, and it also puts the boy in a place of "obligation"
to the giver.
7. Physical affection Pedophiles can sense kids who have little affection at
home, which is something every boy or teen needs, and
he slowly begins giving that affection to the boy a little
at a time, making him dependent on it, craving it to feel
loved and liked and special.
8. Emotional support Pedophiles go out of their way to listen to a boy, sympathize
with his problems and offer help and advice as
well as encouragement. This goes a long way with a kid
who doesn't feel like he's worth much.
9. Sexual gratification Pedophiles are experts on how to seduce, entice, arouse
and sexually stimulate a boy or teen, and like it or not,
it can become an addiction for the boy, especially if
it's his first sexual experience. Mix that with needed
affection, and soon the boy won't know the difference
between sex and affection, love and arousal.
10. Time Time is the pedophile's most powerful tool. Unlike normal
adults who have lives, jobs, children, families,
hobbies, and other interests and obligations which all
play important but somewhat equal parts in life, the
pedophile has a job, a career, interests, hobbies, etc.,
only as props to support his addiction - kids. Since this is
his all-consuming addiction, money, time and interests
are all expended toward this one goal - to find his fantasy
child or teen and molest them, photograph them, use them.
Since the other things like work and family are just
asides, they have enormous amounts of time and energy
to devote to the finding of kids, the luring of kids, the
prepping of kids, for the seemingly endless amount of
time spent listening to kids and going places with them
and buying them things and doing things with them, all
in hopes of the ultimate - sex with a minor.
How Predators Pursue Their Victims
Once a pedophile determines to find a victim, this is the
general train of events that often follows:
1. He Finds the desired child or teen.
2. Befriends them, gains their trust.
3. Gains the trust of the parents so they won't suspect.
4. Makes the boy feel important through lots of time and personal attention,
makes him feel he is more
important to him than anybody.
5. Flatters him. Tells him he's handsome, smart, etc.
6. Makes plans for private time with him,
a. Counseling him,
b. Going to movies,
c. Going to the park, video arcade, beach, pool, concerts, etc.,
d. Plans a camping trip with him,
e. Hires him to work around the house or business,
f. Helps him with his schoolwork.
7. Treats him like an adult.
8. Builds non-threatening affectionate physical contact.
9. Introduces or allows "adult" activities; smoking, drinking,
drugs, pornography, swearing, etc.
10. Starts slowly discussing sex, gaining as much intimate knowledge
of him as possible.
11. Remolds his thinking about what is "normal sex", eventually disclosing
his "normal" desires for sex with the
12. Having changed his thinking, gained his trust and dependency and
accelerated physical contact, the boy is
now totally vulnerable to being molested.
13. The pedophile plans the time and place where there will be no suspicion
or interference or time constraints.
14. After prepping him with alcohol, pornography, etc., while he has
broken down the walls enough to start
molesting him, he tells him:
- It's normal,
- All guys do it,
- He knows some of his friends who do it,
- He loves him,
- The boy is "turned on" and that's normal and means he wants it too,
- Guilt is wrong,
- He's the greatest kid in the world.
15. After he's molested him, he makes the boy feel he started it, threatens
to tell if he has to, tells him he will be
destroyed if the boy tells - whatever
it takes to keep him quiet.
16. After the pedophile has outgrown his attraction for him,
he keeps the photos or videos as a memento and
searches for a new kid.
This is a general picture that obviously doesn't fit every
victim or every pedophile, but it does fit many of them, and in that respect
it is very painfully accurate. Knowing your enemy is half the battle in
All information posted on this web site is
the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only.
It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor
can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer
of your choice for medical care and advice.