The Freedom of Knowledge, The Power of Thought ©

Hurricane Andrew Survivor Recounts Terror of Storm & FEMA 'Rescuers' (con'td)

From Chapter 27 of Where Heavens Meet" by k.t. Frankovich

One of the intriguing aspects of the lime grove encounters is the location with respect to Homestead Air Force Base. The base is only a short distance away from the grove. At the time, I didn't know the military base was well known with the speculative history of the United States Government being involved with extraterrestrials. Homestead is one of the military bases believed to have been used as a meeting place between President Dwight D. Eisenhower and extraterrestrials, while trying to reach a treaty agreement during the fifty's. What is particularly interesting is that during the Eisenhower Administration (1953-1961), the Vice-President of the United States was Richard M. Nixon. As of today there is not enough solid proof to substantiate the validity of the peace treaty meeting. Supposedly the treaty was never signed by Eisenhower due to one main reason. The extraterrestrials insisted our government would have to get rid of all defensive weapons. This secret meeting still remains open as a highly suspicious historical event, which many believe occurred.

The third reason I believe Homestead Air Force Base has been involved in cover-ups is because of the following. The best book I have ever read on the history of Roswell and what followed throughout the years as a result, is called Beyond Roswell. Michael Hesemann and Philip Mantle, two exceptional European authors, wrote the book. One incident in particular leaped out into my lap. An incident too close to home for me not to pay close attention to. Before I relate what it is, let me refresh some facts. Key Biscayne is about a thirty minute drive from Homestead Air Force Base. It is the place where President Nixon established what became known as "the second White House", during his Administration. He and Pat frequently stayed at this house, which was just a block away from mine.

When I remarried a second time, the family I married into had long established old Suthern ties. Generations of family history dating back to the early settlement days of Miami. To a Sutherner, this well established network is what family and friends are all about. Outsiders have a difficult time penetrating this "secret society," especially anyone considered to be a northerner.

Bebe Rebozo, the close friend of President Nixon, was considered to be a part of my husband's family. As a young boy, my father-in-law had went to school with Bebe and they became best buddies. Senator George Smathers was another one of their buddies just like Tom Wakefield, who became Nixon's attorney. Tom Wakefield's sister was my mother-in-law. Bebe used to stop by my home quite often. In fact, he was invited to my wedding. I'll never forget the gift he gave because I treasured it so much. A blue tinted glass vase with an etched picture of the Key Biscayne Lighthouse in the center of it. There was nothing more my young son loved to do than to get down on the living room floor with Bebe and play with our dogs. Bebe adored Eric. So much so, Eric became the poster child for the bank Bebe owned on Key Biscayne. One entire wall was a huge mural of the Key Biscayne Parade, with my five year old son, Eric, waving from the front of the Key Biscayne Bank float.

President Nixon and the First Lady got to know Eric quite well. Richard and Pat adored my son to pieces. Whenever the chopper came in for a landing at the launch pad, Eric would jump on his bike and peddle as fast as he could! Down the block he would scurry, racing to beat the landing. As soon as he reached the compound, he would scoot underneath the rope blocking off the public. Sight-seers would watch with gapping mouths as my little guy hurried right past all the Secret Service Men with a quick flick of the hand. No matter how hard he tried, the chopper usually beat him. And so, he would run into the open arms of Pat and Richard, who knew better than to leave the launch pad before Eric arrived! He was quite a little character, this adorable son of mine.

In the book Beyond Roswell, Hesemann and Mantle tell of a particular incident that occurred with President Nixon and the famous comedian, Jackie Gleason. The incident made a lot of sense to me. Although I never met Gleason personally, I knew he lived on the beach just outside of Miami, which was not too far from me. One of the film editors I did quite a bit of work with, Angie Ross, edited all of Gleason's work. I heard a lot about Gleason from him. Since Nixon was a friend of mine, I knew he had befriended Gleason from passing conversations. Gleason was an avid fan of psychic phenomena and UFO's. So was Nixon, whom I spent many conversations with discussing my psychic abilities. He was fascinated by the phenomena.

The incident I am referring to in the book happened in 1983, when Gleason's second wife, Beverly, told of a strange "sighting" Gleason had encountered. According to her, one night during 1973, which is same the time I was closely tied to the Nixon family there on Key Biscayne, Gleason came home one night quite shaken and disturbed. He finally confessed he had just returned from Homestead Air Force Base with his friend President Nixon. He and Nixon went to a "high security" area on the base, where Gleason was shown four preserved bodies of dead aliens. He was made to take a secret oath, vowing never to discuss what he saw with anyone else. Gleason even made his wife, Beverly, swear the same oath to him. Whenever anyone asked him about this incident he quickly changed the subject, refusing to address the question. Right up until his death in 1987, Gleason never publicly denied or admitted this incident to be true.

Nixon never spoke about the incident to me. I knew he had a deep seated fascination with UFO's, as more than once I was privy to be present during conversations he had with Bebe on the subject. To further entangle this even more, Julie Nixon, President Nixon's youngest daughter, turned around and married David Eisenhower. Who was former President Eisenhower's grandson.

However, after Gleason passed away, a man by the name of Larry Warren, from Southington, Connecticut, released a conversation he had with Gleason pertaining to the Homestead Air Force Base visit. Warren, an Air Force Security Guard, had witnessed in December of 1980. It received world attention when CNN and HBO, along with other American networks, broadcasted the incident. Amazingly, the United States Air Force released a report by Deputy Base Commander Lieutenant Colonel Charles Holt, confirming the unusual sighting. Gleason heard about it and tracked Warren down through one of the television stations. The two men met for a personal chat. What follows next are the exact words Larry Warren used in describing what Gleason confided, as printed in Beyond Roswell

: "I want to tell you something, which in any case will come out one day: We have got them" Gleason stated.

"Got what?" Warren asked.

"The extraterrestrials," Gleason answered and then proceeded to tell his story. "It was back when Nixon was in office that something truly amazing happened to me. We were close golfing buddies and had been out on the golf course all day when somewhere around the 15th hole, the subject of UFOs came up. Not many people know this, but the President shared my interest in this matter and has a large collection of books in his home on UFOs just like I do. For some reason, however, he never really took me into his confidence about what he knew to be personally true- one of the reasons being that he was usually surrounded by so many aides and advisers."

"Later that night, matters changed radically. Richard Nixon showed up at my house around midnight. He was all alone for a change. There were no secret service agents with him or anyone else. I said, 'Mr. President, what are you doing here'...And he said he wanted to take me someplace and show me something."

"I got into the President's private car and we sped off into the darkness. Our destination, I found on arrival there, was Homestead Air Force Base."

Warren stated that Gleason later found out the intelligence community was going absolutely crazy trying to find out where Nixon was.

"I remember we got to the gate and this young MP came up to the car to look to see inside and his jaw seemed to drop a foot when he saw who was behind the wheel. He just sort of pointed and we were off."

"We drove to the very far end of the base in a segrated area, finally stopped near a well guarded building. The security police saw us coming and just sort of moved back as we passed them and entered the structure." "There were a number of labs we passed through first before we entered a section where Nixon pointed out what he said was the wreckage from a flying saucer, enclosed in several large cases."

Gleason confessed that his initial reaction was, this had to be a joke brought on by their earlier conversation on the golf course. But it wasn't!

"Next, we went into an inner chamber and there were six or eight of what looked like glass-topped Coke freezers. Inside them were the mangled remains of what I took to be children. Then, upon closer examination, I saw that some of the other figures looked quite old. Most of them were terribly mangled as if they had been in an accident."

"All-in-all it was a very pathetic sight. At one point, the President had tears in his eyes and finally I realized that this was not his way of trying to be humorous."

"They were very more than three feet tall. Had grayish-colored skin and slanted eyes that were very deeply set. I don't remember whether they had three or four fingers on each hand, but they definitely were not human."

Warren further stated, "You could tell that he was sincere... I could tell that he wanted to get the matter off his chest, and this is why he was telling me all of this...Jackie felt just like I do that the government needs to come clean and tell us all it knows about space visitors. It is time they stopped lying to the public..."

Nixon never spoke about the Homestead Air Force Base incident to me. I knew he had a deep seated fascination with UFOs, as more than once I was privy to be present during conversations he had with Bebe on the subject. However gleason's statement to Warren,

"At one point, the President had tears in his eyes and finally I realized that this was not his way of trying to be humorous," is so characteristic of the man I knew. Contrary to how the mass media portrayed a distorted image of President Nixon, he was a very compassionate individual, deeply affected by the suffering of others. His hope for a future world of peace was indeed heartfelt. I knew the Nixons and Bebe on a personal level. They were wonderful family people whom I adored. And I feel very fortunate to have known them during my lifetime.

Not too long ago, someone asked me why I thought Nixon would take Gleason down to Homestead Air Force Base to show him bodies of aliens? The individual questioning this thought it too peculiar to believe. I had to answer the question from two stand points of view. Based upon my personal affiliation with Nixon, I knew him to be a man who was more than intrigued with the subject of UFO's. The idea of other life existing in the Universe fascinated him. I think the subject intrigues most people. I mean, let's get real here a moment. Who amongst us has never looked up at the stars at night and wondered what other worlds are out there looking back at us?

The second thing I considered was based upon my own personal experience of the lime grove encounters. No matter who or what an individual is, once they come face-to-face with such an extraordinary discovery, the human need to share it with someone else is an incredible driving force! Even I had to pick up the telephone and tell someone what I had just witnessed! I don't think any normal human being could keep something like this to themselves. It is just not humanly possible.

One thing I can say for certain is that Richard Nixon was a very personable individual. Extremely likeable. Someone who enjoyed getting close to his friends. He had a wonderful sense of humor and a brilliant mind. World history was one of his favorite topics and he knew it inside out. Most important, he was a man devoted to the love and admiration he held in high esteem for his family. As tough as he may have seemed to the outside world, the truth remains that he was a gentle ole pussy cat in Pat's loving hands. She was the apple of his eye. It was very obvious they lived for each other. He treasured his friends and let them know it. And, he thoroughly enjoyed each moment he shared with them. He just plain loved being with people. Anyone who truly knew him will readily agree.

Based on these things alone, I can easily understand how and why Nixon would take Gleason down to Homestead Air Force Base. It seems very normal to me. Just as a last lingering bit to chew on, in 1999 I travelled back down to South Dade to see what had happened to the lime grove since Hurricane Andrew. I discovered a most peculiar thing. The section of the grove where I had encountered the strange beings, which was about a mile and a half long, had been thoroughly plowed down to dirt. Around the perimeter of this dirt field was a huge chain link fence. The person I was with stated, "This is odd. All this fencing just to keep people off a plowed dirt area. I don't get it. No doubt someone could give a plausible reason but this just seems crazy to me."

Alien Autopsy Film
(six-fingered beings)
In the year 1995, excerpts of the Alien Autopsy Footage were broadcast across the United States on Fox Network, and throughout England on London's Channel 4 station. This famous controversial film was owned by Ray Santilli, owner of Merlin Productions in England. In the month of July, Ray Santilli, disclosed he had an exclusive statement, tape-recorded by the cameraman who shot the original Alien Autopsy Footage.
Bob Shell, Editor of Shutterbug magazine, and Joe Stefula, a researcher from New Jersey, studied Santilli's tape transcript. In August, 1995, Shell released an identical copy with his and Stefula's notes, which are indicated in square brackets. The original Santilli copy already included parenthesis.
I must thank my colleague and friend, Linda Moulton Howe, for supplying this information. The following transcript also appears in Linda's book, Glimpses of Other Realities, Volume II: High Strangeness, and is reproduced with her permission.

Perhaps in all truthfulness, this statement affected me more than the film itself, taking into account the manner by which the entire situation was handled by the United States Government. Having been raised by a high ranking officer myself, the barbaric brutality is all too real. I have no problem accepting this as being, in all probability, exactly what the scene of the UFO crash site was like. As I read the cameraman's words, I could not help but recall how the beings I encountered in the grove used mental telepathy to communicate. Taking this into consideration, these same type of beings described in the report would have known exactly how they were perceived by the armed soldiers present at the crash site. It couldn't have been anything less than terrorizing to them.

The Cameraman's Story
I joined the forces in March of 1942 and left in 1952. The ten years I spent serving my country were some of the best years of my life. My father was in the movie business, which meant he had good knowledge about the workings of cameras and photography. For this reason, I believe I passed a medical that would not normally allow me in, due to polio as a child.

After my enrollment and training, I was able to use my camera skills and became one of the few dedicated cameramen in the forces. I was sent to many places, and it was war time, I fast learned the ability of filming under difficult circumstances. I will not give more detail on my background, only to say that in the fall of 1944 I was assigned to Intelligence, reporting to the Assistant Chief of Air Staff. I was moved around depending on the assignment. During my time I filmed a great deal, including the tests at White Sands (Manhattan Project/Trinity).

I remember very clearly receiving a call to go to White Sands (Rowel). I had not long returned from St. Louis, Missouri where I had filmed the new Ramjet ("Little Henry"). [According to official records, "Little Henry" was a helicopter project. This discrepancy is resolved by referring to Janes' All The World's Aircraft for 1949, which mentions that McDonnell, located in St. Louis, had a project at this time called J-1, which was a one-man ramjet powered helicopter, with a small ramjet engine on the tip of each rotor blade.] It was June 1st when McDonnell [George C. McDonnel was the first Air Force Chief of Staff for intelligence. He was most likely Assistant Air Chief of Staff for Intelligence in June of 1947] asked me to report to General McMullen [Major General Clements M. McMullen, Deputy Commander of the Strategic Air Command in Washington] for a special assignment. I had had no experience working with General McMullen, but after talking with him for a few minutes I knew that I would never wish to be his enemy. McMullen was straight to the point, no messing.

I was ordered to a crash site just southwest of Socorro [this could be the Plains of San Augustin]. It was urgent and my brief was to film everything in sight, not to leave the debris until it had been removed and I was to have access to all areas of the site. If the commander in charge [at the site] had a problem with that, I was told to get them to call McMullen. A few minutes after my orders from McMullen, I received the same instructions from "Tooey" [nickname for General Carl Spatz, supposedly on vacation in Washington State at the time], saying it was the crash of a Russian spy plane. Two generals in one day, this job was important.

I flew out from Andrews with sixteen other officers and personnel, mostly medical. We arrived at Wright Patterson and collected more men and equipment. From there we flew Rowel on a C54. When we got to Rowel we were transported by road to the site. When we arrived, the site had already been cordoned off. From the start, it was plain to see this was no Russian spy plane. It was a large disc "Flying Saucer" on its back, with heat still radiating from the ground around it. The commander on site handed over [command] to the SAC medical team who were still waiting for Kenney [General George C. Kenney was SAC Commander at the time. He was supposedly away on an inspection at the time.] to arrive. However, nothing had been done as everyone was just waiting for orders.

It was decided to wait until the heat subsided before moving in as fire was a significant risk. This was made worse by the screams of the Freak creatures that were lying by the vehicle. What in God's name they were no one could tell, but one thing's for sure, they were Circus Freaks, creatures with no business here. Each had hold of a box which they kept hold of in both arms close to their chests. They just lay there crying, holding the boxes. [This implies that all four creatures were still alive at this time.]

Once my tent had been set up, I started filming immediately, first the vehicle, then site and debris. [The sun would not yet have up, so this filming must have been done under artificial light.] At around 06:00, it was deemed safe to move in. (Howe's note: 6AM MST, June 1... or 2... 1947) Again, the Freaks were still crying and when approached they screamed even louder. They were protective of their boxes, but we managed to get one loose with a firm strike at the head of a Freak with the butt of a rifle.

The three Freaks were dragged away, and secured with rope and tape. The other one was already dead. The medical team were reluctant at first to go near these Freaks, but as some were injured, they had no choice. [Unless this is a mistake or poor choice of words, it means that only some of them were injured.] Once the creatures were collected, the priority was to collect all debris that could be removed easily, as there was still a risk of fire. This debris seemed to come from exterior struts which were supporting a very small disc on the underside of the craft which must have snapped off when the disc flipped over. The debris was taken to tent stations for logging, then loaded onto trucks. [In verbal statements he mentions a truck full of ice into which the dead alien is placed. The trucks were heavy duty Diamond trucks used by the military.] After three days, a full team from Washington came down and the decision was taken to move the craft. Inside it, the atmosphere was very heavy [k.t. Frankovich's emphasis]. It was impossible to stay in longer than a few seconds without feeling very sick. Therefore, it was decided to analyze it back at base, so it was loaded onto a flattop and taken to Wright Patterson where I joined it.

I stayed at Wright Patterson for a further three weeks working on the debris. I was then told to report to Fort Worth (Dallas) for the filming of an autopsy. Normally I would not have found a problem with this, but it was discovered that the Freaks may be a medical threat. (Howe's emphasis.) Therefore I was required to wear the same protective suits as the doctors. It was impossible to handle the camera properly, loading and focusing was very difficult. In fact, against orders, I removed my suit during the filming. The first two autopsies took place in July 1947.

After filming, I had several hundred reels. I separated problem reels which required special attention in processing (these I would do later). The first batch was [processed and] sent through to Washington, and I processed the remainder a few days later. Once the remaining reels had been processed, I contacted Washington to arrange collection of the final batch. Incredibly, they never came to collect or arrange transportation for them. I called many times and then just gave up. The footage has remained with me ever since. [This may not be as incredible as it seems. At this time, the Army and the Air Force were being separated into two new agencies, and there was much confusion as "turf" was sorted out.]

In May of 1949, I was asked to film the third autopsy. [This amazing statement suggests that one of the aliens, probably the uninjured one, lived in "custody" for nearly two years. The cameraman did not have any of the film from this autopsy.]




© Copyright 2005  All Rights Reserved.

Free Newsletter

Email Address:

Join the Educate-Yourself Discussion Forum

All information posted on this web site is the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer of your choice for medical care and advice.