Idaho Vaccine Alert
Vaccine Damage and Forced Vaccination in Idaho
From Donna Carrillo <Services4Health@aol.com > and Ingri Cassel <email@example.com>
Feb. 12, 2005
----- Original Message -----
To: Educate-Yourself_Forum@yahoogroups.com ; Editor@educate-yourself.org
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 1:29 AM
Subject: Vaccine Damage In Idaho - Documentation Needed
Dear Ken & Everyone,
We need to stop this. If any of you know anyone in Idaho who was damaged or killed by vaccines, please let us know. Ingri Cassel's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Carrillo, co-director
Dear Idaho Chapter Members and Friends -
Many of you know that the Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare has proposed that a fifth DTaP and a second MMR vaccine be added to the already excessive number of vaccines required for Idaho children to receive a public education. In the proposed change, I.C. 39-4804 is ignored just as the Idaho Attorney General ignored it when rendering a legal interpretation of Idaho's vaccine exemption laws for both daycare and school registration. The letter I sent to the legislators regarding this is at the bottom of this Action Alert.
I got a call this morning from Pat Burham of the Idaho Eagle Forum who told me that Representative Bill Sali is leading the charge to stop this change but needs documentation from across the state from parents of vaccine damaged children who have been specifically harmed by one of these triple antigen vaccines. I only know of two parents in Idaho whose children are disabled from a triple antigen shot and who won their cases and were compensated through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. But they both signed the "gag" order (doubles their compensation) so they cannot disclose anything about their case and the problems with these shots. If you know of anyone in your community or anyone in Idaho who can document their child's reaction, has reported the reaction to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System), or attempted to receive compensation for their child's injuries and ongoing care through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, please have them email all details -- names, dates, status of child, etc. -- to Rep. Bill Sali at email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put in the subject line: Vaccine Injury Case
Rep. Bill Sali MUST RECEIVE ALL CASES BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14.
If you get this Action Alert after the deadline, still email Bill Sali with this information. Do not forget to cc. it to me.
We also need to know of cases where I.C. 39-4804 is being violated. Do you know of anyone who was told they cannot attend school unless they have their shots? Do you know of children being vaccinated without parental consent? (I.C. 39-4804 is cited at the bottom of this email)
Report these violations of state law to Bill Sali at the above address. Please put in the subject line: Violations of I.C. 39-4804.
Please forward this email to everyone you know in Idaho
Ingri Cassel, director
P.O. Box 457
Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869
(208) 255-2307 / (888) 249-1421
January 26, 2005
RE: Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (IDHW)’s proposed changes to rules governing immunization requirements for clients attending Idaho licensed daycares and children attending school.
Dear Idaho Legislator:
The proposed rule changes, authorized under IDAPA 5221 (I.C. 67-5221), have me deeply concerned. A hearing of these proposed rule changes was held Monday, January 24, 2005, at 3:30 PM by Rep. Loertscher’s special subcommittee of the Idaho House Health and Welfare Committee.
The proposed rule changes would require licensed daycare attendees to receive a 2nd MMR vaccination and children attending schools would be required to receive a 5th DTaP vaccine. The proposed rule changes would be adopted on the recommendation of the Idaho Medical Association which relies solely on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). My concerns are as follows:
* The proposed rules were not available via the Internet where Idaho citizens could access these proposed rules for further scrutiny and comment.
* There is no basic safety protocol in place for currently licensed and mandated vaccines. For instance, the ACIP recommends Hep B vaccine for newborns despite the fact that newborns have immature immune and nervous systems and are the least likely age group to contract a sexually or intravenously transmitted disease.
* We do not know the scientific basis for the current vaccine schedule. DTaP is administered at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 15-18 months, and now, the proposed REQUIREMENT at four years. Proof that all five DTaP shots have been administered would be required before a child is allowed to attend kindergarten. How long does "immunity last"? Only two months? Why are we inundating an under-developed immune system with three doses of DTaP vaccine containing such adjuvants/preservatives as thimerosal (ethyl mercury), formaldehyde, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum phosphate, and polysorbate 80?
* Regarding the lack of vaccine safety protocols, Voices of Safety International (VOSI), a private standards-writing organization recognized by the National Institutes for Standards and Technology, has developed basic public health and safety standards for everything from cellular phone use in moving vehicles to slip and fall standards designed to measure the slip-resistance of walkway materials and coatings. When VOSI Director Don Meserlian discovered that the CDC and ACIP do not enforce basic safety standards for vaccines, he directed VOSI to draft them. Unfortunately, the CDC and ACIP have resisted adopting any safety standards whatsoever for vaccines.
* In the absence of federally-enforced vaccine safety standards, the Vaccine Injury Compensation Act (VICA) has paid out over $1 billion to the parents of vaccine injured children. Most of these settlements for vaccine injuries were paid out as a result of damages from triple antigen vaccines such as the DTaP and the MMR vaccines—and these damages occurred before adding a 2nd MMR and 5th DTaP to the ACIP-recommended vaccine schedule.
* Under 102 - Evidence of Immunization - it states very clearly that, under the proposed rule changes, exemptions to state required immunizations must be obtained upon admission to the school (or daycare). This is in direct violation of Idaho Code 39-4804. Administrative rules must be in harmony with state code. A verbatim wording of this statute is attached.
* Through IDAPA, it appears that the IDHW has assumed lawmaking authority regarding promulgation of administrative rules relating to public health. Does IDHW have the authority to propose and adopt IDAPA rules allowing it to arbitrarily mandate increases in vaccine requirements for attendance in public schools or daycares without being required to provide basic scientific efficacy or safety studies?
I provided Representative Bill Sali with a packet of information intended to illuminate basic questions that need to be raised before allowing IDHW to adopt its proposed rule. The packet contains documentation, including medical journal articles, that raises serious issues regarding the safety of both DTaP and MMR vaccines. As of this writing, I do not know whether Rep. Loertscher’s special subcommittee approved the proposed rule change or if it will be subject to additional parliamentary proceedings.
In summary, a medical procedure that carries the risk of permanent injury or death should not be a requirement for public education in this state. In light of this recent assault on the rights of parents to choose medications that are most appropriate for their children, revisiting I.C. 39-4804 is not only necessary, but proof that the IDHW proposed rule, if adopted, would be in direct violation of current Idaho statutes.
Ingri Cassel * P.O. Box 457 * Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869 * 208-255-2307
VACCINATION EXEMPTION PURSUANT TO
IDAHO STATUTE I.C. § 39-4804
I.C. § 39-4804 is entitled “Notification to parent or guardian”:
Before an immunization is administered to any child in this state, the parent or guardian of the child shall be notified that:
(1) Immunizations are not mandatory and may be refused on religious or other grounds;
(2) Participation in the immunization registry is voluntary;
(3) The parent or guardian is entitled to an accurate explanation of the
complications known to follow such immunization.
The term OR OTHER GROUNDS means that you as an individual or parent have the right to choose whether or not to vaccinate your child. The statute does not require you to disclose what other grounds your refusal to immunization is. As with any medical decision, the decision to vaccinate or not is a right of the individual or parent. The State of Idaho, your doctor and public health employees cannot force you or your child to be vaccinated. Your child cannot be excluded from a school or public program because you have exercised your right to not vaccinate.
VACCINE EXEMPTION FORM
I,____________________________, as the parent, guardian or person in
(insert your name)
loco parentis of the child __________________________ after considering the
(insert child’s name)
risks and benefits of the vaccine(s) do hereby decide not to vaccinate my child with
the following vaccines:
__ Diphtheria __ Measles __ Other
__ Tetanus __ Mumps
__ Pertussis __ Rubella
__ Polio __ Haemophilus influenzae type b
__ Hepatitis B __ Varicella
__ Smallpox __ Anthrax
This is pursuant to my right to refuse vaccination on the statutory grounds of “other grounds”. Pursuant to the statute I am providing a copy of the statement to the child’s school administrator or operator of the group program pursuant to I.C. § 39-4804.
Date: ____________________ __________________________________
Parent/Guardian or Person in loco parentis
© Copyright 2005 Educate-Yourself.org All Rights Reserved.
|All information posted on this web site is the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer of your choice for medical care and advice.|