The Freedom of Knowledge, The Power of Thought ©
Non-Stick Frying Pans Should Not Be Used
By Zuerrnnovahh-Starr Livingstone
December 15, 2017
Non-Stick Frying Pans Should Not Be Used by ZS Livingstone (Dec. 15, 2017)
To post this article on Facebook, link to the TinyUrl seen below. Facebook will remove any article identified as coming from educate-yourself.org
Six winters ago I twisted an ankle and my foot swelled for six weeks. For the following three years, when the weather got cold and my feet likewise, I would be laid up for six weeks. My General Practitioner said it was gout. I do not have a diet which would lead to gout. Two years ago a local acupuncturist said the problem is likely due to non-stick frying pans. We threw out our non-stick frying pans and bought ceramic frying pans. This is the second winter where I have not had my foot propped up higher than my heart.
During the 1960s, Teflon frying pans were new and loved. Everyone marveled how easy they were to wash. Cooked foods would not adhere. Then, in the 1970s, Teflon was pulled from the market and about a year later, a new non-stick product came out.
Better than Teflon?
There are a number of different non-stick coatings, but all of them recommend not using sharp utensils on the cooking surface. Knifes score the surface and thin pieces of the coating mix with the food and are consumed.
Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene. I do not know the chemical names of the current non-stick products but more than likely they contain fluorine.
The swelling of the foot came on like a sprain from a torn blood vessel and persisted longer than a normal sprain. On the third winter, my foot spontaneously hemorrhaged blood and lymph even though I suffered no apparent injury. If non-stick chemicals can lead to the breaking of veins in the foot, then it is possible the same injury can happen elsewhere in the body. Therefore, one must consider the possibility of stroke or other expressions of internal blood vessel breakage.
Two years ago, a new spray product came on the market as a waterproofing for shoes and coats. The ad showed water beading and falling off boots leaving the boot totally dry. I immediately knew the product would be extraordinarily toxic to the body as almost all processes in the body require water. The inhaled over-spray would prevent the uptake of oxygen and and could lead to instant suffocation. I never saw the ad a second time. It was pulled from the market.
Avoid all non-stick products.
More Essays & Commentary from ZS Livingstone
© Copyright 2017 Educate-Yourself.org All Rights Reserved.
Join the Educate-Yourself Discussion Forum
All information posted on this web site is the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer of your choice for medical care and advice.