Are Microwaves a Major Causal Factor in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
"The truth of the matter is that the present ambient
level of EMR in our environment is dangerous and is making too many of us sick. It is time we moved
from denial to acceptance, from ignorance to awareness, and apathy to action." Prof. Paul Doyon
by Professor Paul Doyon
July 27, 2006 , E-Y posted Nov. 7, 2015
[Ken Adachi Note: This article is nine years old, but the information is as true today as when it was written. We are all adversely affected by microwave radiation energy, whether you dismiss it or realize it. The more prolonged and the greater the exposure, the more damage that accumulates. The newer bands of 3G and 4G for mobiles are far more damaging (higher frequency = shorter wavelength = more damage) than the earlier version of 2G. I've put up quite a few articles since 2006 explaining how and why smart meters, cell phones, and smart phones particularly, are the worst thing to be carrying around and putting up against your ear, yet millions of people do it all day long and don't give it a second thought. That amazes me. How can people be so cavalier and reckless about the well documented, and long known facts surrounding microwave radiation exposure? Will it only dawn upon those folks when they experience and suffer the symptoms described below? You may be surprised to discover that you have been experiencing some (or many) of the symptoms described here and have been silently been asking yourself ~ why? Maybe you just found the answer.]
PWC = People with chronic fatigue
EMR - Electromagnetic radiation
EMF - Electromagnetic frequencies
Are Microwaves a/the Major Causal Factor in CFS/ME?
1. The symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome mimic those of what the Russians have termed "Radio
Wave Illness" but also known as "Microwave Sickness."
2. Outbreaks of "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" or "Yuppie Flu" suddenly became widespread in the mid
80s just as commercial cellular phone networks were being set up in the United States and other
parts of the
3. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a number of other similar syndromes (Autism, ADHD, Alzheimer's,
etc.) increased exponentially in the early 1990s with the advent and spread of digital (2G) cellular
4. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autism, and ADHD are found to be more prevalent in countries with a
plethora of cell phone networks and electrosmog present while being just about absent in those
countries with few like Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, and Laos which have been late to implement cell
phone technology. (These disease states are also extremely rare among the Amish - who due to
religious beliefs do not use electricity.)
5. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce Oxidative Damage leading to a decrease in Super
Oxide Dimutase (SOD), catalase, glutathione, CoQ10 along with evidence of increased byproducts of
oxidative stress to cell membranes, MDA. Oxidative damage has been found to be a major factor in
CFS and people with CFS consistently found to be depleted in the above body's natural antioxidents.
6. Exposure to microwaves and other EMFs is known to abnormally affect calcium flux into and out of
cells. This is also a abnormality found in people with CFS/ME.
7. Mitochondria Disfunction - shown to be induced by microwave exposure - is also an abnormality
found in CFS/ME.
8. Red blood cells (erythrocytes) are altered and their count decreased by exposure to microwave
radiation. Red blood cells are responsible for transporting oxygen to and carbon dioxide away from
cells in the brain and other organs of the body. Lack of oxygen to the brain and other organs can
result in brain fog, inability to concentrate, dizziness, and nausea - symptoms found in CFS; they are
also interestingly found in altitude sickness due to hypoxia or a lack of oxygen being transported to
the tissues in the brain and other organs.
9. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce a decrease in the numbers of Natural Killer (NK)
cells. Low numbers of NK Cells are found in People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (PWC), and are
thought to be responsible for the reactivation of viral and other infections found in PWC.
10. In workers occupationally exposed long-term to microwaves a lower value of T-helper/T-suppressor (T4/T8) ratio were found. PWC have a lower than normal ratio of T4/T8.
11. EMF exposure has been shown to effect an increase in viruses, bacteria, mold, parasites, and yeast
in the blood of the human host. These pathogens are all commonly found in PWC.
12. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce "subliminal" stress causing the adrenals to
excrete more cortisone and adrenaline eventually leading to adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal exhaustion is a major factor in CFS.
13. Studies have shown a decrease 5-HT in the blood of those exposed to microwaves. 5-HT is a
precursor to the production of serotonin. Low levels of serotonin have been linked to anxiety and
depression. Anxiety and depression are symptoms commonly found in People With CFS (PWC).
14. Microwaves are known to induce a decrease in norepinephrine levels. Norepinephrine is essential
for control of the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is known to be
affected in people with CFS - and in Japan, people with CFS (PWC) are now often also diagnosed as
having the now extremely common Autonomous Nervous System Disorder (jiritsushinkeishichosho).
Norepinephrine is also connected with short-term memory disturbances and depression, both of
which are found in PWC.
15. Melatonin production is altered by exposure to microwaves. Melatonin is an antioxidant necessary
for sleep. Melatonin is believed to be altered in CFS with irregular sleep patterns and insomnia
symptoms associated with CFS.
16. Dopamine levels are also known to be affected by microwave radiation exposure. PWC have been
found to often have low levels of dopamine with decreased dopamine being linked to depression, a
symptoms also found in PWC.
17. Decreases in the hormone Acetylcholine - known to be induced by exposure to EMR - is an
abnormality also found in CFS/ME.
18. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome usually feel better at night (in spite of sleep problems) -
when there are less people using their cell phones and hence less electrosmog.
19. Some EMF frequencies have been shown to induce restlessness. PWC often complain of
restlessness and many have a condition called restless leg syndrome (RLS).
20. It has been documented that people who have had a cell phone tower installed near their homes
suddenly start having the following symptoms: headaches, dizziness, inability to concentrate,
memory problems, fatigue, worsening vision, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, and decreased appetite.
All these symptoms have been found in people with CFS.
21. It has been found in CFS (and Autism) via SPECT scans that there is decreased blood flow to the
brain. Studies have shown that electromagnetic fields (EMF), like those emitted by cell phones, alter
regional cerebral blood flow.
22. Microwaves have been shown to alter blood coagulation. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
often have a coagulation dysfunction.
23. PWC often suffer from allergies. Allergies involve the production of histamine by mast cells.
Microwaves have been known to turn on mast cells to produce more histamine and other EMFs have
been to shown to actually increase the number of mast cells in the body. Microwaves have also been
found to increase IgE antibodies in people with atopic eczema.
24. Low Blood Pressure (hypotension) is known to be caused by microwave exposure and it is also a
symptom found in CFS/ME.
25. Microwaves are also known to adversely affect the heart. People with CFS usually go on to develop
heart problems in the later stages
of their illness.
26. Studies have shown an adverse effect of microwaves on the eyes. PWC often complain of problems
with their eyes and vision deterioration.
27. It is known that microwaves and other EMR alter the pineal gland's production of melatonin and
serotonin which - among other actions - regulate the body's biocycles. People with Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome usually have a dysfunctional pineal gland.
28. Nitric Oxide buildup - a byproduct of microwave exposure - is also found in CFS.
29. An opening of the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) - shown to be induced by microwave radiation
exposure - is also found in PWC/ME.
30. Six thousand German doctors - many specializing in Environmental Medicine - have signed the
Freidburger Appeal - after the government failed to act - since they have noticed a correlation
between a microwave exposure by cell phones and cell phone towers and a number of symptoms,
many of which are found in CFS/ME.
31. There have been a number of anecdotal accounts from PWC/ME who have cured themselves or
eliminated many of their symptoms by reducing their exposure to or removing themselves from an
Having said that I think that all this evidence is pretty substantial. Isn't it time for good people to
stand up and say something in numbers, to stand up and do something together?
"Somehow these dangers must be brought into the open so forcefully that the entire population of the
world is made aware of them. Scientists must begin to ask and seek answers tot he questions raised in
this chapter, regardless of the effect on their careers [emphasis mine]. These energies are too
dangerous to me entrusted forever to politicians, military leaders, and their lapdog
researchers." ("The Body Electric"Dr Robert Becker, 1985, p. 328)
Hence, in examining the pieces of the puzzle called CFS and connecting those pieces to the research
on the effects of microwave radiation and other EMR, the overwhelming evidence presented in this
paper seems to answer the question: 'Are microwaves and other EMR a causal factor in CFS/ME?'
with a definite and reverberating "Yes." It shall be interesting to see how those who make their living through the business and politics of
denial, deciet, deception, will try to spin the facts. The truth of the matter is that the present ambient
level of EMR in our environment is dangerous and is making too many of us sick. It is time we moved
from denial to acceptance, from ignorance to awareness, and apathy to action.
By 1971, when they presented their work at a momentous conference in Warsaw, Zinaida V. Gordon
and Maria N. Sadchikova of the USSR Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases had
identified a comprehensive series of symptoms, which they called microwave sickness. Its first signs
are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The latter and most common manifestations are chronic
excitation of the sympathetic nervous system (stress syndrome) and high blood pressure.
This phase also often includes headaches, dizziness, eye pain, sleepiness, irritability, anxiety, stomach
pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems and cancer. The chronic symptoms are succeeded by crises of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic HEART DISEASE [emphasis added] (blockage of coronary arteries
and heart attack). pp.314-315
Heart-attack rates in North Karelia and Kuopio, Finland, became the highest (and most swiftly
increasing) in the world within a few years after the Soviets installed a gigantic over-the-horizon
radar complex that bounced microwaves off the surface of Lake Ladoga and throughout these parts of south-eastern Finland.
Paul Doyon, Associate Professor, Kyushu University, 27th July 2006 Per:
All information posted on this web site is
the opinion of the author and is provided for educational purposes only.
It is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor
can legally offer medical advice in the United States. Consult the healer
of your choice for medical care and advice.